When I was 26, I would jokingly refer to my bike as the CWM (Cross Wind Missile). I'm not 26 anymore...

About Me

My name is Dean Russell and I raced road bikes and some track endurance in the 1990s. I stopped racing in 1999 when I was 26. After almost thirteen years of being a lazy slug I decided to put my sorry backside onto a bike seat and have another crack at racing. This blog chronicles my journey from being completely unfit and overweight to becoming one of the oldest Elite A grade riders in Queensland...and then slipping nicely back into Masters racing.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Race Report: Toowoomba Club Race T.T.

Today was the Toowoomba Combined Club Time Trial at Wyreema. It was a 20 km course that was slightly undulating with a little tail wind on the way out. I had felt good all week and put in a 29 min 36 sec ride to take second place. The course was actually a tiny bit long on the 20 km (I had about 20.6 km). Combine that with the slopes coming back and I am pretty happy with my time. I actually didn't quite leave enough in the tank for the last 4 km, which was pretty hard. I will remedy that for sure next time I race on that course.

I actually thought today could have been my first win for the year, but Andrew Patten, recently crowned Silver Medalist at the Masters 40-44 World Championships came to race in preparation for the Queensland Titles Time Trial next week. He rode a 27 min 50 sec time to beat me. I believe the race record is held by Toowoomba local Darren Rolfe, who has done about 26 min 30 sec. That...is...fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment