When I was 26, I would jokingly refer to my bike as the CWM (Cross Wind Missile). I'm not 26 anymore...

About Me

My name is Dean Russell and I raced road bikes and some track endurance in the 1990s. I stopped racing in 1999 when I was 26. After almost thirteen years of being a lazy slug I decided to put my sorry backside onto a bike seat and have another crack at racing. This blog chronicles my journey from being completely unfit and overweight to becoming one of the oldest Elite A grade riders in Queensland...and then slipping nicely back into Masters racing.

Saturday 9 June 2012

Race Report: Toowoomba Criterium

I 'bit the bullet' today and had my first Toowoomba club race in A grade. It was a 40 minute + 2 lap criterium on the shorter Toowoomba circuit. There were 15 starters and I'm very pleased to report that I finished in 6th. The pace was a lot faster than B grade, but I rode strongly and never really felt like I was in big trouble. I didn't have a lot left in my legs for the final gallop but hopefully that will come in time.



No comments:

Post a Comment