When I was 26, I would jokingly refer to my bike as the CWM (Cross Wind Missile). I'm not 26 anymore...

About Me

My name is Dean Russell and I raced road bikes and some track endurance in the 1990s. I stopped racing in 1999 when I was 26. After almost thirteen years of being a lazy slug I decided to put my sorry backside onto a bike seat and have another crack at racing. This blog chronicles my journey from being completely unfit and overweight to becoming one of the oldest Elite A grade riders in Queensland...and then slipping nicely back into Masters racing.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Quiet Times...

Not a lot to report of late. I have missed far too many club races because of work commitments, rain and being a bit sick (actually had ten days off the bike a week or two back). I'm on two weeks holiday at the moment so am trying to get quite a few kilometres in. I have a club race (criterium) to do on April 14. I have also entered the Battle on the Border, which is a 4 stage / 3 day tour around Tweed Heads and Murwillumbah on the Labor Day long weekend. It is reportedly very hard going. I really feel like I need some racing though, so it won't hurt me. 

The good news to report is that my weight is down to 95kg, from a starting point of 108kg. This is obviously good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment