When I was 26, I would jokingly refer to my bike as the CWM (Cross Wind Missile). I'm not 26 anymore...

About Me

My name is Dean Russell and I raced road bikes and some track endurance in the 1990s. I stopped racing in 1999 when I was 26. After almost thirteen years of being a lazy slug I decided to put my sorry backside onto a bike seat and have another crack at racing. This blog chronicles my journey from being completely unfit and overweight to becoming one of the oldest Elite A grade riders in Queensland...and then slipping nicely back into Masters racing.

Monday 4 February 2013

Race Report: Hell of the West Triathlon

This team triathlon involved a 2km swim, a 4km transition run, 80 km ride and finally a 16km run. My team did really well and ended up 2nd of 130 teams.

I did the 80km cycle leg 'officially' in 2:03:29. That time includes transition and also the time I spent on the deck whan I crashed coming back into transition at the end of my ride :(

The ride was actually a little over distance at 81.4 km, so in the end I am quite happy with how I went. I averaged over 40 kmh and ended up with the 4th fastest ride on the day (crash may have cost me 2nd? Grrr).


No comments:

Post a Comment