When I was 26, I would jokingly refer to my bike as the CWM (Cross Wind Missile). I'm not 26 anymore...

About Me

My name is Dean Russell and I raced road bikes and some track endurance in the 1990s. I stopped racing in 1999 when I was 26. After almost thirteen years of being a lazy slug I decided to put my sorry backside onto a bike seat and have another crack at racing. This blog chronicles my journey from being completely unfit and overweight to becoming one of the oldest Elite A grade riders in Queensland...and then slipping nicely back into Masters racing.

Sunday 1 July 2012

Race Report: Toowoomba Club Race

A small field of 9 took part in the local A grade club race at Goombungee yesterday. It was only 51km, which was three laps of a 17 km course. The course was fairly hard with three long hills, including one only a few kms from the end that actually had quite a bit of sting in it. It broke up on the last lap and the first two places came in on their own. I was in a group of three sprinting for 3rd and I came 4th. I sprinted pretty well again but the guy who beat me actually got the jump on us from about 800 m out and I just missed him on the line (see photo). It would seem that my sprint is starting to 'work' a little bit. It was short today, but hard, so overall I am happy with how it went.




No comments:

Post a Comment